As a local agency that serves families in San Mateo County by working closely with providers in early education, family engagement, and health, we are concerned about the spread of COVID-19 in our community. We understand the fears and questions that are coming up for everyone as we deal with this unprecedented health and economic crisis.
We encourage parents and providers to refer to San Mateo County Health for local updates and information. In addition, we have compiled a list of resources below. You can also follow our blog series “Supporting San Mateo County Families During and Beyond COVID-19” for timely tips, resources and information.
For non-medical questions about coronavirus, San Mateo County residents can call 211, which is available 24/7.
FOR PARENTS & CAREGIVERS
For a comprehensive list of local and state resources, from basic needs to adult enrichment, visit Gatepath’s COVID-19 Resources for Families
For additional educational and social/emotional resources for kids, visit First 5 California’s COVID-19 resource page.
Talking with your Kids about COVID-19:
- Sesame Street: Tips for Talking with Your Kids
- PBS: 10 Tips for talking about COVID-19 with your kids
At Home Learning and Engagement Activities:
- First 5 California: In-home Activities for Young Children
- Parenting Resources and Tips by Text: If you have one more children ages 0-9 and want to receive text updates about COVID-19 and get ideas for things to do with your children at home, sign up for Ready4K San Mateo County.
Childhood Development & Education:
- Zero to Three: Parent Coronavirus Questions Answered
- Help Me Grow San Mateo County
- San Mateo County Office of Education Family Resources Page
- Child Care Response Team: Emergency Financial Assistance, Food, Housing, Utilities and Other Basic Needs
- Second Harvest List of School Distribution Sites
- SVCF: COVID-19 Coronavirus Regional Response Fund
- San Mateo County 4C’s – Emergency Child Care
- Child Care Aware of America
- Parent Town Hall on Child Care Safety During COVID-19
- Three Kinds of Stress and How to Deal with It
- California Parent and Youth Helpline
- Self-Care in the time of Coronavirus
Health Information for Parents and Children:
- How to Wash Your Hands (video for young children), Sesame Street in Communities
- Information on Pregnant Women and Children, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- California Department of Public Health
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus, American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
FOR CHILD CARE, SCHOOL & FAMILY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Join our ACEs Connection page for resources, articles and more.
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Guidance Update for Schools and School Districts, California Dept. of Education (CDE)
- Reducing the Spread of Illness in Child Care, AAP
- Clean Hands Save Lives (health promotion materials to display), CDC
- Speaking Up Against Racism about the New Coronavirus, Teaching Tolerance
- Step-by-Step-Sanitizing, Disinfecting and Cleaning for Child Care Programs
- Connecting During COVID-19: Supporting You Supporting Others