As a local agency that works closely with providers in early education, family engagement, and health to serve families in San Mateo County, we are concerned about the spread of novel coronavirus in our community. We understand the fears and questions that are coming up for everyone as we deal with this health crisis.
Below are some local resources as we are all under the Health Officer’s order to Shelter-in-Place through May 3, 2020.
We encourage parents and providers to refer to San Mateo County Health (https://www.smchealth.org/news/novel-coronavirus-updates-resources) for local updates and information. For non-medical questions about coronavirus, San Mateo County residents can call 211, which is available 24/7.
In addition to these local resources, we have compiled information especially for parents and caregivers, and for providers working with children and their families in child care, education, or family engagement settings.
FOR PARENTS & CAREGIVERS
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus, American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Information on Pregnant Women and Children, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- How to Wash Your Hands (video for young children), Sesame Street in Communities
- In-home Activities for Young Children from First 5 California
- Second Harvest List of School Distribution Sites:
- Infographic from Sesame Street:
- How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus, New York Times
FOR CHILD CARE, SCHOOL & FAMILY SERVICE PROVIDERS
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Guidance Update for Schools and School Districts, California Dept. of Education (CDE)
- Reducing the Spread of Illness in Child Care, AAP
- Clean Hands Save Lives (health promotion materials to display), CDC
- Speaking Up Against Racism about the New Coronavirus, Teaching Tolerance
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- California Department of Public Health
- California Department of Education
- SVCF: COVID-19 Coronavirus Regional Response Fund
- First 5 Association Information and Resources
Coronavirus information in multiple languages:
- Medline Plus https://medlineplus.gov/languages/coronavirusinfections.html
- LA County Department of Public Health http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/#
- Washington State Department of Health https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/NovelCoronavirusOutbreak2020/FactSheet